Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Happy Birthday Daddy


It was my dads birthday and I decided I was going to make his favorite cake for his birthday;  AKA GERMAN CHOCOLATE CAKE! There are two things my dad loves in life and that’s peanut butter and chocolate ice cream! So I wanted to make him homemade “nutterbutter cookies.”
I made the German chocolate cake from the blog Pass The Sushi (http://passthesushi.com/german-chocolate-cake). It was quite labor intensive but it well worth it. Mmm it was so moist too!  I love the idea of using dark chocolate over the traditional “bakers chocolate.” It was a great combo! My dad loved it, and that’s the most important thing!
            I got the Homemade NutterButter cookies recipe from the blog Cookies and Cups (http://cookiesandcups.com/homemade-nutter-butters-2/). To make the peanut shape you just squish, fork and pinch the peanut butter cookie logs. They were delish and the husband loved them too! Now I just have to come up with an idea of how to use the left over peanut butter cream.

My birthday treats were a success! Happy birthday Daddy!







1 comment:

  1. I've been DYING to make those nutter butter since I saw them on cookies and cups! You can use the left over peanut butter cream as cake or cupcake filling. Even as frosting for cupcakes< or swirl it into brownies.

    ReplyDelete