Tuesday, May 15, 2012

HelloKitty


For my good friend Lisa’s daughters birthday, I decided I was going to take on the project of making Hellokitty cake pops, HelloKitty cake and cupcakes for her party.  I made a simple strawberry cupcakes and put the little Candy decals from the store (what a cheap and easy way to make your cupcakes look a little more special. 
The cake pops were a blast! You just follow your simple cake pop recipe! For the ears you just attach white chocolate chips before coating them white chocolate. The nose I just used a pearled yellow sprinkle and for the bows I used jumbo heart sprinkles then piped a dot for the center! The rest you can just hand pipe! I’m learning that cake/ cookie decorating isn’t has hard as it seems, its all about breaking things down into small steps.
I carved the Hellokitty cake by hand, and then piped the icing on with a star tip! It actually turned out better than I thought! Now I’m super excited about cake decorating! I’m going to now invest in the “ultimate cake decorating kit” Everyone at Hailey’s party loved the treats! 



1 comment: