Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Diving into my first adventure

Due to the gloomy day, I decided that my first adventure would be chili and corn bread! Who doesn't love a big bowl of chili or soup on a cold day? Although I didn't want to make the traditional chili, so recipe searching I went. I decided on white chicken chili over rice with maple red-hot cornbread from bluebonnets & brownies. So off to the store I went, and of course I found many new baking utensils for my future adventures! My favorite buys are my new bundt cake pan and all my colored sparkly sprinkles. 

As my husband walked into the house from work, the first thing out of his mouth was, “What are you making baby? It smells so good?” The chicken chili aromas filled the house! We couldn’t wait to dive into our delicious meal. 

For dessert, I decided to make banana bars. My husband absolutely loves banana nut bread. So I thought this would be a fun twist on the classic. I wanted my first dessert to pay tribute to him! Next time I’m going to do something with coconut for me! I’m crazy about coconut! I found the recipe also on bluebonnets & brownies, which amber found from the secret recipe club and added a few nice touches. 

Wow dinner and dessert was amazing! I had a great date night at home! The chili had a nice kick, and the cornbread was super moist. The banana bars were divine, Zach said, “it was the best frosting he has ever tasted” (Zach doesn’t even really like frosting). On the banana bars, I made a maple cream cheese frosting but I couldn’t find any maple sugar (as the recipe calls for), so I made my own (used 1 tablespoon brown sugar with ½ tablespoon of pure maple syrup and added a dash of cinnamon). Lets just say the guys at my husbands work are going to have a yummy surprise waiting for them in the morning! The banana bars are dean add to the recipe book!

Zach diving in!



No comments:

Post a Comment